- Fabien Cazenave aka Kazé
- Cédric Corazza
Most active bug chasers
- Rudy Kuntz aka Do-IT
- Yves Mairesse aka Ymai
- Alain Lorieux aka chinon37
- Anke Lange aka Eleanora
- Charles Cookes
- Gérard Talbot
Special thanks to…
- Daniel Glazman and Linspire for developing Nvu, without which KompoZer would not exist;
- the whole Mozilla team for developing Composer, without which Nvu would not exist;
- Motohiko for fixing the site manager in the 0.7 branch;
- Paul Hammant for the SVN tree;
- Tony Yarusso and the MOTU team for helping me with the Ubuntu package;
- Giuseppe Iuculano for hosting the mailing lists and providing security fixes;
- all localization teams and support forum members;
- all users who donated to keep this project running.
Why call it «KompoZer» instead of «Nvu»?
Because « Nvu and the Nvu logo are trademarks of Linspire Inc. »
As Linspire stopped the development of Nvu, there is no legal way to correct any bug in Nvu.
Why is it only a 0.7.10 version?
Because for 99% of the developers in the world, including myself, a «1.0» version means it's ready for professional use. Nvu is very far from that.
KompoZer is already much more stable than Nvu, but there are some bugfixes and features that are necessary before I can decently call it a 1.0 version.
Is there a development roadmap?
- 0.7 branch: fix most of the CSS editor's bugs;
- 0.8 branch: implement a decent site manager;
- 0.9 branch: fix most bugs of the HTML editor, especially the code output.
Sorry, no ETA.
How can I help this project?
- provide support in user forums;
- report bugs of suggest requests for enhancements (RFE);
- contribute code patches or binary builds (a steady MacOS X contributor is wanted);
- translate KompoZer and contribute langpacks;
and of course, you can support KompoZer's development by donating.
KompoZer's icon has been made by Alain and Aubin Lorieux. If you can make an SVG version of this icon, feel free to contact me.
Please copy these files on your website, rather than using them from SourceForge.
- fixed: the extension manager is now able to use the extensions proper locales (BIG thanks to Motohiko!)
- fixed: the same source code now builds on Linux (gcc4.1), MacOSX (gcc3.5), Win32 (vs7.0) and OS/2 (?).
- fixed: (win**) KompoZer and Nvu can run simultaneously (various similary bugs have been corrected)
- fixed: (win9x) KompoZer now has its own icon in the taskbar (Motohiko again)
- fixed: the icon has been changed (thanks Alain & Aubin!)… Besser so? ;-)
- fixed: the HTML 4.01 doctype is now standard (instead of quirks)
- fixed: doctype prefs are kept when a new document is created
- added: undo/redo buttons in the main toolbar
- fixed: the editor correctly selects a tab when re-loading a file that's currently edited
- fixed: the editor correctly updates the window title when closing a tab (avoids crashes)
- added: it's always possible to revert the current page
- fixed: the toolbars can be customized without relaunching KompoZer
- fixed: the PHP/Comment dialog is resizable
- fixed: the current page is marked as modified after changing a PHP/Comment
- added: the format toolbar has been splitted in two
- added: relativize local URLs in the markup cleaner
- TODO: option to launch the markup cleaner before saving/publishing
- added: show id/class attributes in the status bar
- fixed: id/class attributes can be properly removed with the status bar context menu
- fixed: inline style dialogs have a localized title
- fixed: hiding the rulers improves speed and reliability
- fixed: bug in the vertical ruler that causes Nvu/KompoZer to be stuck in 'source' mode
- fixed: links can be styled in wysiwyg ('why do my links stay blue?')
- fixed: display a clickable label on objects, scripts and hidden form inputs ('normal' & 'HTML tags' views)
- added: red dotted borders around <div> containers ('normal' & 'HTML tags' views)
- modified: the markup cleaner does not remove empty blocks with ID/class attributes any more
- modified: the markup cleaner now considers ol, ul, li, dl, dt, dd, pre, address, blockquote and tr elements as blocks
- fixed: the CSS Editor becomes a real dialog box (with OK+Cancel buttons)
- fixed: the CSS Editor fits on an SVGA screen (800*600), even on MacOS X
- fixed: CaScadeS is now disabled in 'HTML Source' mode
- fixed: real-time preview
- added: graphical toolbar buttons
- modified: easier creation of style rules
- added: 'modified' flags on stylesheets
- added: 'Edit selector' dialog in the CSS editor
- added: edit style rules in text mode (CSS Editor / Advanced properties)
- added: keyboard shortcut (F11) to open the CSS Editor
- fixed: external stylesheets can be saved on the hard disk
- fixed: better serialization of CSS files
- fixed: exporting a stylesheet now always use relative URLs
- fixed: a few bugs in the 'background' tab (opacity, background-position)
- fixed: small UI bug in the 'border' tab
- added: spin buttons in the 'box' tab
- modified: the top / left / right / bottom properties are reordered 'clockwise'
- modified: single window for all inline styles
- added: in the status bar, tags are written in italic if they have inline styles
- fixed: *lots* of UI bugs
- TODO: when a file is dropped onto the main panel, a relative reference is created
- TODO: local files are allowed
- TODO: more file types (with custom extension list)
- TODO: external application support
- TODO: preferences tab
You can reach KompoZer contributors in the #kompozer IRC channel.
You can also drop a message to the lead developer on his weblog.